With online dating becoming a new venue for romance and with a lot of people as competition, your profile is your only ticket to getting what you are looking for. And creating a great dating profile is not as easy as it sounds.
To succeed in online dating is to have a great profile. Your profile is your first impression to anyone who might click your name. There’s a saying that the first impression lasts, and making a good first impression is something you should aim for.
Create a great dating profile page that will make anyone mail you in a heartbeat! Here is a checklist for writing your profile:
- When Choosing Adjectives
- How You Live Your Life
- What are You Looking for
- Who are You Looking for
- Grammar and Spelling Check
- Upload a Profile Picture
When Choosing Adjectives
Think of your top 3 character traits. Start off by using 3 adjectives that best describe your personality. This will allow the others to know you have confidence and see a small glimpse of who you are.
Why only 3? It’s a good number! It doesn’t necessarily have to be 3, in fact, you can mention as much as 5. BUT, 3 adjectives are enough to not make you seem like a snob. The purpose is to show off yourself but not to a point that people would think negatively of you.
Understand that there’s “confidence” and “too confident.” And you wouldn’t want to come off as too confident.
Talk about your hobbies and your job; but less focus on the job and more on what you love to do.
Remember that your dating profile page is not the same as a resume. Only mention enough details about your job. People will want to see more about your hobbies and interests, rather than where you have worked. If you love your job, say so. But, understand that it’s more about what you do in your free time.
This should be the most engaging part when you’re writing your profile. It allows everyone to distinguish if you have any similar interests. And having similar interests can be a great foundation for a great relationship.
What are You Looking for?
If you’re looking for a serious relationship, say so.
If you’re looking for casual dating, say so.
If you’re looking for someone to just have fun with, say so!
People turn to online dating sites for plenty of reasons: casual dating, serious relationship and hook-ups. It is important that you let it out in the open on what you came here for. This will block the people whom you don’t want approaching you.
Who are You Looking for?
When you describe who you want to meet, do not talk about physical appearances; like: height and body type. Don’t mention your ideal partner’s education, hobbies and interests. You wouldn’t want to seem superficial and no one wants to meet one either.
We’re talking about values here! Values like: family oriented, values health and fitness, animal lover and etc…
Remember that the people who would be reading on are those who have been hooked thanks to your hobbies and interests. So if you’ve mentioned something about camping, those who doesn’t like camping are most certainly not reading your profile anymore.
Grammar and Spelling Check!
Okay, it’s not easy to keep track with the right use of punctuation marks and spelling. Heck, even I make mistakes! But, the purpose of your profile is to make a good impression, and having a bad-grammar-free profile is definitely a good boost.
There are a lot of free softwares and sites that you can use to check your grammar and spelling. You may use Grammarly or hemingwayapp; or ask someone who can check it for you.
It’s hard to admit it, but grammar can really make a huge difference when it comes to online dating. Some people can still ignore typos but to some people, bad grammar is a pet peeve. You wouldn’t want people leaving your page just because of grammar.
Upload A profile Picture
Last but not the least, upload a profile picture. It will help people distinguish you from made-up accounts to legit.
Pictures says a thousand words.
Profile pictures will allow the others to have a better idea on who you are. Your words should be the representation of your picture, but your picture will be the first one to attract others to click. Needless to say, profiles with pictures are the ones that attracts the most attention. So, make sure to upload one for yours.
Do’s and Don’ts of Dating Foreign Women
Online dating has been a relevant aspect in the digital world. While it eases your quest in finding a lifetime partner, it is important to know the do’s and don’ts of online dating.
To help you achieve with online dating, here is a list of Do’s and Don’ts:
- Be sensitive with the information you provide in your profiles. Before giving out some details about yourself, make sure the dating site is reliable and realistic. Knowing that there’s a mix of local and foreign women as audiences of your profile, being sensitive to providing various information about yourself is something you need to consider. Provide basic details of yourself– enough details a stranger should know. Always remember that your privacy and security comes first. When it comes to anything online, details such as: complete address, contact numbers and credit card details; are things you must never provide on your profile or to anyone.
- Know the person as much as possible. Doing this will eliminate your fright in meeting the person. This should be done BEFORE arranging a meet up. Make sure that only the basics should be known. NOTE: You might get bored in the entire duration of your meet up, when you already know all details about their life. Don’t be afraid to ask them questions, but don’t ask them too much that they would feel like they’re being interrogated. Tip: ask them about the details they’ve provided in their profile or bio.
- Be open-minded. Joining the world of online dating is sometimes exhausting yet invigorating. Before signing up for a membership in some dating sites, make sure you are OPEN-MINDED. You need to understand that most members in online dating sites embellishes their profiles to attract other members. Be open-minded of the possibility that what you see in their profile is not the same when you meet-up.
- Be honest. Honesty is important in online dating. You will be chatting and dating local and foreign women, they are in need of a erious gentleman. If they get the impression that you are true and honest enough with all the things you say; to them, you are a great catch!
- Be respectful. When you are chatting and talking to a potential partner, especially if the lady is foreign; remember, you are talking to a woman who has a different culture as yours. You should learn how to be understanding towards their ways. Being respectful is also important towards your local women. Regardless of where your correspondence is from, you should always be respectful, mindful and understanding.
- Be prepared.
Given the scenario you have arranged a meeting, what should be done? Be prepared! Choose your best outfit and wear your sweetest look! Always bear in mind that leaving a good impression to ladies in your first date is important.
- Giving out important information. This should not be done. NEVER at all. Giving out important information such as: home address, contact number and credit card details; not only are you giving your safety and security a huge loophole, getting scammed will no longer be a myth. Always remember that your safety and security is a top priority.
- Wasting so much time before meeting. Do not chat for months. This will eventually stop your desire in meeting the person because you already know all their details. This will wipe out the possible spark between you especially in the time of your meetup. As a result; a monotonous meeting is likely to happen. Romance will be absent thereafter. Here is a story for you to know its negative side: “A couple met through a dating site. They’ve been chatting for months and months, later on they became a couple. Sound cliché, right? They’ve been in a relationship for over a year, they spent time in video chatting. They already know each other’s details. What happened? They broke up. They realized they do not have that joy of fondness anymore. None of them became interested with each other.”
- Asking for inappropriate pictures. Remember, you are not dating for pleasure. You are dating for love! Asking for inappropriate pictures will automatically destroy the respect she has for you. This is even more important towards foreign women who has an entirely different culture from yours. Inappropriate pictures include: nudes and sexual-related-acts. NEVER ask for it.
- Bringing a “chaperone” during meet-up. Having someone with you during a meet-up is very unnecessary. Your purpose is to know the person, not your chaperone being around and listening in your conversation. Privacy is needed if ultimate intimacy is what you’re seeking for. Having a chaperone is useless and will not help you.
- Expecting too much. Do not expect for the best, especially with dating foreign women. You might get annoyed if what you see online is very opposite to what you see in person. That’s why being prepared is necessary.
- Turning your date down. Assuming your date is beyond your expectations. Please be understanding to the woman. If you don’t like her, simply tell her that everything won’t seem to work. DON’T do a disappearing stunt. Avoiding or ignoring her is not just rude but also hurtful. Just remember that everyone has feelings.